All McDonald’s articles – Page 9
-
News
Comptoir Libanais, Fuel Juice Bars and D&D London latest in sector reopenings
Comptoir Libanais, Fuel Juice Bars and D&D London are among the latest operators to reopen sites for delivery and takeaway this week.
-
News
McDonald’s sees signs of recovery in global sales
McDonald’s global sales began to gradually improve in May as it reached the 90% reopened store mark.
-
News
McDonald’s to relaunch takeaway next week
McDonald’s has announced it is to relaunch its in-store takeaway and click-and-collect offering from next week.
-
News
Snapshot: Going to a McDonald’s drive thru during lockdown
We’ve all seen the headline grabbing queues outside McDonald’s drive-thrus since they reopened last week. So how is McDonald’s handling the pressure? Having heard rumours of a two hour wait time at my nearby McDonald’s drive thru, obviously the only thing to do was to chuck the kids in the car and join in the fun.
-
News
Mcdonald’s expands home delivery
Mcdonald’s is offering home delivery at a further 500 restaurants this week.
-
News
Operators announce next wave of reopenings
Dishoom and Crussh are among the latest operators to open their doors this week, whilst the reopening programmes of Loungers, Turtle Bay, Franco Manca and more have started to pick up momentum. Of the larger to-go operators, KFC, McDonald’s and Costa have reached reopening milestones this week, whilst Greggs announced a significant acceleration in its reopening plans.
-
News
Sector sees next wave of reopenings
McDonald’s, Greggs and Pret have all announced substantial reopenings this week as they continue to pursue a phased recovery of their large-scale estates. In casual dining, Nando’s, Pizza Express, Tonkotso and Thaikun have opened further sites.
-
News
McDonald’s to reopen all drive-thru restaurants next week
McDonald’s has announced it will open all its drive-thru stores next week.
-
News
Costa to reopen all drive-thru’s next week
Costa is set to reopen all of its drive-thru stores by the end of next week
-
News
McDonald’s reopens 39 drive-thru lanes
McDonald’s has reopened the drive-thru lanes in 39 of its UK and Ireland restaurants.
-
News
McDonald’s announces new raft of openings
McDonald’s UK CEO Paul Pomroy has announced a new wave of reopenings by the burger giant on Wednesday, although at first it will be on a delivery-only basis exclusively via Uber Eats. Orders will also be capped at £25. Pomroy said 15 restaurants in the South East will offer delivery from 11am tomorrow as we “seek to safely reopen our restaurants. We will have a £25 order cap as we adjust to smaller teams and social distancing in our kitchens. I want to reiterate the restaurants, Drive Thrus and their car parks remain closed, we will only be serving food via Uber Eats this week.
-
Analysis & Insight
Navigating the double edged sword of delivery
Delivery and takeaway are one of the only tangible ways left for operators to serve customers during the coronavirus outbreak. With consumers no longer able to eat out, common sense logic assumed they would simply transfer spending to delivery. Yet for various reasons, this has not played out as expected, ...
-
News
McDonald’s to offer limited delivery from 13 May
McDonald’s UK CEO Paul Pomroy has announced a “slow but safe” gradual return to operations - but its breakfast menu will temporarily be unavailable. On May 13th it will reopen 15 of its 1,350 UK restaurants on a delivery only basis, working with Uber Eats and Just Eat and offering a limited menu. The locations will be announced next week as the business assesses employee availability.
-
News
McDonald’s begins tests for reopening
McDonald’s is carrying out tests this week in preparation for reopening a number of sites, UK CEO Paul Pomroy has said.
-
News
Editor’s Opinion: Hang tight and plan your return
The coronavirus continues to wreak havoc. It’s claimed hundreds of thousands of lives around the world and numbers continue to rise. As dreadful as that is, the long term socio-economic impact is more disturbing. The virus has created a level of disruption to health, society, and the economy that’s never happened before, outside of wartime. And while there is plenty of speculation on how life in general may get back to normal post-lockdown, with vaguely optimistic or pessimistic dates floating around, there is no clarity on how or when this might end.
-
News
Timeline: How the coronavirus crisis unfolded
Here are just some of the twists and turns over the last few weeks. If you want to read all the MCA coverage of the coronavirus crisis click here.
-
News
McDonald’s pulls guidance following significant sales dip
McDonald’s has pulled both its FY20 and long-term guidance following a significant March sales decline across its markets.
-
News
JDW accused of abandoning staff
JD Wetherspoon has been accused of abandoning its 43,000 staff after boss Tim Martin insisted the chain could not afford to pay them during the coronavirus crisis until the company was reimbursed for their wages by the government.
-
News
Roadchef to continue ‘as long as possible’ after Mcdonald’s and Costa closures
Roadchef has vowed to carry on serving food on the nation’s road network, despite the loss of McDonald’s and Costa Coffee.
-
News
Why are big brands abandoning takeaway and delivery?
Takeaway and delivery last week emerged as a possible silver lining to the biblical storm clouds posing an existential threat to the restaurant and bar industry.